Friday 21 September 2007

week 38...

...hasn't been great so far. And as pessimistic as it sounds, it doesn't seem to be getting any better (guess what? it's already Friday!)... lots left to do, and not enough time...

Why bad? Hm.... let's just say... a combination of tests and certain people.

At least the midsem is over. It wasn't great by any means, but it's over, and that's a relief. Today's quiz is a sure-fail, because 1. I didn't feel like studying after the midsem, and 2. I skipped a lecture.

I hear you gasp. Choops skipped a lecture? Choops not study? That's a first. But honestly, would YOU study for a 0.5% quiz after slogging for more than a week on a midsem? I think my time was far better spent out having ice cream and bubble tea, and admiring the view from Kings Park at night. Just like how it was better to go for choir to get rid of all the stress before studying properly, than stare at the notes for two hours and not absorb a single bit of it.

And I really wish I had the guts to say some things to people, in their face. But if I did it, it would just seem completely aggressive and uncalled for to onlookers. So I'll just say it here:

1. Now you know it's you. (I don't think you're THAT clueless)
2. Don't play with me. Don't amuse yourself at my expense. I can take jokes, but there's gotta be a limit, people.
3. Telling me isn't good enough. You have to prove yourself. Show me.
4. And if you were sincere, I wouldn't have to tell you that.

For all that, I don't hate you, nor am I angry. I'm annoyed and confused and slightly at a loss, but I still consider you my friends. Because I've always been able to see your good sides, and I've always known that no one is perfect.

For someone I thought was a good friend: did I do something wrong? Because you're being strangely distant. I've seen that sort of distance before from you, but this time, I'm on the receiving end and I don't know why. If it's something I did, I'll gladly make amends because this distance just isn't right. But I can't do it right if I don't know what's gone wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey choops,
having the guts to say it on ur blog is good enough.
-lovable one