Saturday 12 July 2008

Remember the PBL learning objective about the major causes/risk factors of obesity? We talked about genetics, sedentary activities, diet composition, medication use... and it occurred to me last night that we probably missed one factor: the role that food plays in our social lifestyle. Noodle parties... watching people try to cook yong tau foo... nibbling while studying... nibbling when visiting... ice cream while shopping for presents...

Why all this musing about food? Because I spent most of yesterday eating! Lunch was pretty simple, but the heat outside had a soporific effect, so I dozed off while reading on my bed. Then YJ called... and I ended up accompanying him for his lunch at West Mall while he satisfied his BK craving. I got my sundae pie~ filched some fries, a bit of burger (without the bread), and coke too. After walking around a bit, we went to get some dessert. Turns out I'm not the only one who's partial to soursop! A bit more walking around, then he went home for dinner.

And me? I went off for dinner with YY! see. more food. We probably stayed in Sakae Sushi for over an hour. Maybe two, I dunno... time just passes when you're catching up and eating and looking for more sushi. We both decided to skip dessert at Sakae and get ice cream somewhere else... she wanted Andersen's, I was thinking of hokkaido ice cream. We ended up not getting any... but we weren't too hungry by then anyway.

Truth is, I've been writing this during cooking breaks... yup, I've been cooking since just after lunch for tonight's potluck at Ray's place. Time to pack the food and be off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh....i'm sure we stayed for two hours!! :) i miss the mushrooms :D